Maintenance Machinist (Unilin US MDF)
Being an industry leader would not be possible without a winning team. Unilin US MDF is constantly looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic winners like yourself to join our team in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain. We offer a variety of challenging and exciting career opportunities at our different operations facilities locations and headquarters office in Dallas, TX. Unilin US MDF is dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining winning team members in every aspect of our business. Start your career search today and find the perfect fit!
Sets up and operate conventional, special purpose, CNC and Numerical Control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work-piece as guides for subsequent machining as necessary
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth & angle of cut; or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media according to established guidelines and procedures
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining; adjusts machine controls or control media as required
- Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications using measuring and inspection tools as necessary
- Performs routine maintenance tasks on machines as required
- Consults with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment to “like new” appearance in accordance with maintenance plans and established procedures
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a constructive manner in order to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area; ensure that safe work practices are followed.
- Other duties as assigned
Associate Degree or equivalent experience
Must have at least 4 years of experience in a related field.
Core competencies include strong communication and interpersonal skills, listening skills, data analysis and interpretation. Ability to plan, schedule and clearly communicate thoughts and work instructions. Ability to set priorities based on company goals and manage multiple ongoing tasks on a daily basis
Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time on concrete.
Must be able to work in varying temperatures up to 110 degrees and dusty environment.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
Must be able to climb vertical ladders, multiple flights of stairs and work off elevated surfaces.
Must not have any limitations in regards to working in confined spaces or wearing a respirator for extended periods of time.
Must be able to wear hearing protection, eye protection, and steel toe shoes.
Must be able to make repetitive motions involving twisting and turning.
Must be able to kneel and bend over frequently.
Must be able to climb on and work around machinery resulting in awkward or uncomfortable positions.
Must be able to push or pull 75 pounds.
Must have vision of 20/50 (corrected or not).
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top