MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN I - BENNETTSVILLE, SC
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.P
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Performs complex mechanical duties on machines and equipment needed for production and performs some electrical troubleshooting as necessary.
- Ability to install and/or repair a variety of electrical equipment such as transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, and transmitting equipment.
- Perform work in accordance of NFPA70E
- Have knowledge of data networking and communications (Ethernet, Profibus, WMS and etc..)
- Perform basic analytical skills
- Must work at heights of 50 feet or greater.
- Reading and interpreting U.S. and European Electrical Drawings.
- Advanced electrical wiring troubleshooting and short circuit protection system knowledge.
- Perform programming VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives).
- Basic PLCs (Programmable Logic Controller) layout and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of process control instrumentation and familiarity with the common PC application.
- Dismantle machines and perform repairs.
- Make necessary machine adjustments for proper operation.
- Conducts scheduled preventative maintenance procedures on manufacturing as well as building equipment.
- Perform skilled plumbing repairs.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Inform supervisor of operational status of equipment and notify of any problem areas.
- Effective Verbal and Written communication skills for all levels.
- Follow standard operating and safety procedures.
- Keep work area safe, clean, and organized.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Monitors and reacts in a timely manner to routine demand maintenance requirements.
- Participates in routine Preventative/Predictable Maintenance.
- Troubleshoots equipment stoppages and reacts accordingly.
- Utilizes various mechanical and electrical test equipment.
- Assists with manufacturing during product change-over.
- Plans, assists, documents, and implements process improvement techniques and devices.
- Utilizes machining, electrical and mechanical trade skills to complete daily tasks.
- Communicates with production and other various customers as needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
- High school diploma/GED
- 4 or more years industrial electro-mechanical maintenance experience or an associate degree in industrial maintenance/electrical
- Must be available to work any shift.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance. The associate may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures. The noise level is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Formal training and practical experience in an industrial setting as a Production Technician.
- Associates degree in applied technology in industrial/manufacturing or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years practical hands on experience in an industrial setting
- Experience with high pressure hydraulics, pneumatics, and automated material handling utilizing 480VAC VFD’s, and PLC control logic troubleshooting
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on various optimization projects from conception to completion
- Ability to produce technical reports and update drawings
- Light machining skills
- Light fabrication skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Read, interpret, and produce U.S./Eurpmechanical and electrical drawings and schematics
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top