Maintenance Automation Technician (Unilin US MDF)
Being an industry leader would not be possible without a winning team. Unilin US MDF is constantly looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic winners like yourself to join our team in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain. We offer a variety of challenging and exciting career opportunities at our different operations facilities locations and headquarters office in Dallas, TX. Unilin US MDF is dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining winning team members in every aspect of our business. Start your career search today and find the perfect fit!
Provide leadership to direct and coordinate activities such as repairs, preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, alterations, improvements and protection of all company assets to ensure economical and continuous operations.
- Modify PLC Programs (develop and document changes)
- Maintain health and reliability of Control Net Network (PLC to PLC, PLC to field I/O network, cabling)
- Maintain health and reliability of Device Net Network
- Back up PLC programs on a scheduled basis (develop back up schedules, SLC500, Micrologix, PLC5, Control Logix)
- Provide call support to facility on a “as needed basis”
- Coordinate maintenance of MV Switchgear and Starter
- Coordinate maintenance of LV Switchgear
- Coordinate maintenance of VFDs
- Add and maintain Field I/O as necessary.
- Maintain plant electrical drawings and documentation.
- Provide training for electrical Techs on a consistent basis with documentation.
- Create procedures for all related tasks
- Review weekly outstanding Work Orders and guarantee reasonable completion time.
- Rotate Plant Call Out Schedule as needed
- Perform other plant supporting functions as deemed necessary by Maintenance Manager.
Please note: This is a rotating night shift position, 7 pm - 7 am
Two year technical degree or equivalent experience as an Automation Technician preferred.
Requires 3 or more years experience in plant maintenance or equivalent experience in a related field.
Core competencies include strong communication and interpersonal skills, listening skills, data analysis and interpretation. Ability to plan, schedule, and clearly communicate thoughts and work instructions. Ability to set priorities based on company goals and manage multiple ongoing tasks on a daily basis.
Need to have basic lubrication skills.
Position requires individual to climb multiple flights of stairs and ladders daily as well as ability to work in tight quarters. Willingness to work extended hours in a high stress environment a must. Must be able to wear air respirator equipment. Must be tolerant of grease, oil, and other petroleum- based products.
Must possess an understanding of all electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time on concrete.
Must be able to work in varying temperatures up to 110 degrees and dusty environment.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
Must be able to climb vertical ladders, multiple flights of stairs and work off elevated surfaces.
Must not have any limitations in regards to working in confined spaces or wearing a respirator for extended periods of time.
Must be able to wear hearing protection, eye protection, and steel toe shoes.
Must be able to make repetitive motions involving twisting and turning.
Must be able to kneel and bend over frequently.
Must be able to climb on and work around machinery resulting in awkward or uncomfortable positions.
Must be able to push or pull 75 pounds.
Must have vision of 20/50 (corrected or not).
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top