Machine Operator Team Lead (Mold) - Chehalis WA
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
2nd shift available -- 4p-4:30a M,Tu,F,Sat/Sun,W,Thu
- Under direction of the department supervisor, assists to ensure a smooth workflow between production and the Finishing department according to the daily production requirements. In the assigned area, provides work guidance and training to junior machine operators so that the team achieves production goals and all products are packaged and loaded in a safe and timely manner. Performs duties under moderate supervision following standard procedures and processing guidelines.
- Provides work guidance to junior team members.
- Monitors the performance efficiency of personnel within the assigned area and works with management to formulate plans for team training and development needs.
- Provides assistance and leads junior team members in achieving production goals while placing and strong emphasis on quality, safety procedures, and organizational policies.
- Monitors quality of work-in-process and finished material.
- Reports quality and output measures to the Supervisor.
- Monitors the assigned area for current or potential operational problems and gains assistance from management as needed to resolve these issues.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and finished product in the work area to be packaged and loaded.
- Ensures smooth and efficient workflow between production areas and the Finishing Department.
- Ensures all trucks are loaded properly, containing proper product and correct order count.
- Trains new employees and places temporary employees in positions within the department.
- Performs general housekeeping duties to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One year prior experience in a leadership or training role required
- One year prior work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to read and write basic Standard English
- Must be able to build and maintain simple reports
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating or maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, decimals, and fractions.
- Requires a high degree of mental and visual attention to perform all tasks in a safe manner
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist, and reach overhead for the duration of shift
- Must be able to lift 60-80 pounds and push 100 pounds repetitively throughout shift
- Ability to multi-task
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top