MACHINE OPERATOR (MILLING ASSOCIATE)
Being an industry leader would not be possible without a winning team. MOHAWK Laminate and Hardwood is constantly looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic winners like yourself to join our team in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain. We offer a variety of challenging and exciting career opportunities at our different operations facilities locations and headquarters office in Calhoun, GA. Mohawk is dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining winning team members in every aspect of our business. Start your career search today and find the perfect fit!
Primary Objective: Responsible for producing top quality laminate flooring while meeting or exceeding expected safety, quality, production and customer satisfaction goals. Maintains line efficiencies by operating infeed, adjusting cross & paul saws, making tool changes and adjustments, performs changeovers, reads and interprets technical drawings, troubleshoots equipment for all quality problems and escalates mechanical and electrical problems to maintenance. Performs quality tests and measurement using using gauges.
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Operates the infeed, adjusting cross & Paul saws, makes tool changes and performs changeovers on the laminate flooring milling line
- Monitors and troubleshoots specific machinery operating deficiencies.
- Adjusts tools on the machinery or makes changes to maintain quality product.
- Inspects planks to determine corrections to the process for quality.
- Uses mechanical tools to make adjustments.
- Performs inventory transactions as needed to ensure accurate inventory.
- Helps other operators/team members in daily operations to ensure team goals are met.
- Inspects/cleans equipment to ensure safe operation conditions for self and others around.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals and blueprint drawings.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, including conversion to metric system.
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to work 12-hour rotating shift.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top