Machine Operator III Peeler - Commerce Tx
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
Starting Pay 13.06 -- 2nd Shift Available 3PM-3AM
- Operates the peeler machine to cut work in process material to the proper specification. Under general supervision, uses standard operating procedures to perform all tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- According to the production schedule, cuts work in process inventory (log material) to proper thickness per product specifications.
- Monitors equipment for operational efficiency. Checks and cleans or changes the cutting blade as necessary. May perform the most basic troubleshooting of the peeler machine, gaining assistance from supervisor as needed.
- Performs general housekeeping duties to maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Inspects the cut product to ensure product specifications are met and high quality material is sent to the next process.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be atleast 18 years old.
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing and or Machinery environment is preferred.
- Must be an effective team member.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with employees in the immediate unit and in related support roles.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating or maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Requires a high degree of mental and visual attention to perform all tasks in a safe manner.
- Working environment includes hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused my moving mechanical parts, noise, and airborne particles.
- Requires standing more than 2/3 of time, and may require occasional heavy lifting.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top