Machine Operator III - Commerce, TX
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
- Operates the mold equipment to produce log material used for production of carpet pad.
- Serves as a member of the Plant Emergency Response Team.
- Ensures work area, machines, and equipment are clean and fully operational.
- Monitors quality of the process and material to ensure that high quality product is delivered to the next process and final customers.
- Requires the knowledge and skills to perform basic preventative maintenance measures and repairs on the mold equipment.
- Operates mold equipment to make log material for production of carpet pad.
- Uses the lift truck as necessary to move materials.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job safety by using the appropriate safety protection required for each task.
- Performs general housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
2nd Shift Available 3P-3A
- One year prior industrial or manufacturing experience required
- Must have ability to read and write basic Standard English
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist, and reach overhead for the duration of shift
- Must be able to lift 60-80 pounds and push 100 pounds repetitively throughout shift
- Ability to multi-task
Back to top