Machine Operator II Fork Lift - Mold - Johnstown, OH
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
- Operates the lift truck to maintain adequate quantity of work materials in the assigned areas.
- Moves work materials throughout assigned areas in accordance with established operating procedures and schedules.
- Inspects lift truck for problems and prepares inspection reports daily. Notifies supervisor of any problems with equipment.
- Perfroms general housekeeping duties to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Peforms other duties as assigned.
- 18 years of age
- Prior experience operating a lift truck preferred.
- One year of related experience in a production environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with employees in the immediate unit and in related support roles.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating or maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, decimals, and fractions.
- Requires a high degree of mental and visual attention to perform all tasks in a safe manner.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to sit more than 2/3 of the shift.
- Ability to work in an environment that included hazardous or unpleasant condition caused by moving mechanical parts, noise, and airborne particles.
Back to top