LOOM MECHANIC - EDEN, NC - 2ND SHIFT
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.P
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Patrol and inspect section of looms to anticipate breakdowns caused by defective or loose parts
- Dismantle looms or loom parts, evaluate parts, replace or repair, re-assemble parts and looms.
- Make all repairs and adjustments necessary to prevent looms from breaking down.
- Determine reasons for loom breakdown and make the necessary adjustments and repairs to put loom back into production.
- Fill out daily maintenance activity sheets as looms are set up or repaired in order to establish historical data. Fill out any other additional production sheets as required by supervision.
- Repair or replace broken and worn parts and sharpen knives.
- Operate shop equipment, such as grinder, electric drills, drill press and saws.
- Operate specialized equipment needed to produce special machine parts, components, and control items for machinery.
- Operate metal working machinery as required to reproduce parts.
- Be proficient with the use of precision gauges and instruments in order-to fabricate parts and machinery to extremely close tolerances.
- Skillfully use electric arc and acetylene welding equipment. Apply proper soldering, brazing, and oxy-acetylene burning technique.
- Make proper check of rugs produced to adjust loom for the pile heights, missing pile yarn and quality.
- Check looms to carry out preventative maintenance program.
- Make repairs and adjustments to threading equipment to maintain production requirements and quality. Replace broken and worn parts and sharpen knives and cutting blades.
- Adjust looms to proper settings to produce quality rugs and carpets.
- Notify supervisor of fixing problems.
- Change and set up loom for grade changes to yield quality work and efficient operation in most efficient manner possible.
- Train new loom mechanics are required.
- Follow standard safety precautions when working on equipment.
- As required, repair broken chains or adjust chain length.
- As instructed, remove chain from loom for re-building or over-hauling and re-install.
- Maintain safety switches and alarm system on loom overheard.
- Maintain proper housekeeping of work area including shop.
- Oil and grease looms using special lubricants as assigned by supervisor.
- Check daily assigned looms and perform oiling and greasing duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform general oiling and greasing of looms and loom parts.
- Report any noted excess or insufficient lubrication of parts to supervisor.
- Keep oil and grease supply area in order. Keep drums grounded. Report needs to supply room. Move barrels of oil and grease to supply area as needed and place had pumps on barrels.
- Fill out daily, monthly, semi-annual and annual lubrication worksheets indicating completion of the above duties and compliance with provided schedule.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Mechanical Degree or Industrial Maintenance Degree
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, overtime, and shifts as required.
- Must have good safety, work, and attendance record.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to walk, stand, stoop, and bend for extended periods of time
- Manufacturing Experience
- Experience working on manufacturing machinery / troubleshooting
- Must be able to anticipate breakdowns and perform PM (preventive maintenance) work
- Must be able to operate specialized equipment needed to produce special machine parts, components and control items
- Must be proficient with the use of precision gauges and instruments in order to fabricate parts and machinery
Back to top