LOOM CREEL HAND - Commercial Aviation Weaving- EDEN, NC
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
NIGHT SHIFT 7 pm to 7 am
This position will work single or double level creel as required to run set of yarn down together to have a minimum of left over yarn and loom downtime. Will assist Weaver in tying in new set and splitting cones of yarn.
- Remove and replace cones in creel to run yarn down evenly to runout stage.
- Transfer new set from pallets to creel truck.
- Assist in tying on new set and repairing breaks in creel.
- Remove old set from creel by color. Separate and strip small bits by hand. Place large bits in creel truck in stack of ten for counting.
- Push creel truck to weigh station.
- Place strup waste in appropriate waste truck.
- Clean creel periodically using air hose.
- Split creel by removing large cones, taking to Winder and rewinding to make smaller cones, place smaller cones in creel accordingly.
- Fill out production form.
- High School Diploma / GED preferred.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Fork Lift experience a plus.
- Previous creeling experience a plus.
- Must be able to follow all safety rules and wear required PPE (steel toed shoes).
- Must be able to tye a knot. Will be trained on specific type of knot needed in job duties.
- Must be able to distinguish between different colors.
- Must be able to follow attendance policy.
Back to top