LOCAL TRUCK DRIVER
Unilin Flooring NC, LLC North America is part of the Unilin Group. Since July 2005, the Unilin Group has formed part of Mohawk Industries Inc. which is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, employs 36,000 people, and has a turnover of $7.5 billion. Mohawk is the largest flooring group in the world, for residential as well as commercial applications. Mohawk offers a full range of tufted and woven fitted carpets, ceramic tiles, laminates, wood, natural stone, vinyl, rugs, and other interior products.
The Unilin Group employs a workforce of 3,500 staff operating in 18 production sites across the US and Europe (five in the US, nine in Belgium, two in France, and two in the Netherlands). The total consolidated turnover of the Unilin Group in 2007 amounted to $1.1 billion. The Unilin Group's success is founded on a close-knit team of dedicated staff, a high-tech working environment and high-quality products.
LOCAL HOME DAILY
Runs to Browns Summit***
- Complies with all safety rules and procedures.
- Moves shuttles between the Danville, VA, Thomasville, Sunrise and Vendor facilities.
- Changes out dust trailers and performs drop yard checks.
- Places empty trailers at docks to be loaded.
- Pulls out loaded trailers from docks and moves them to the yard.
- Performs pickups/deliveries at outside vendors.
- Fuels truck, schedules maintenance and cleaning, performs trip inspections, and completes other routine DOT paperwork.
- Unloads and loads trucks, cycle counts locations and completes picking orders
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Achieves minimum acceptable levels on Work Keys assessment tests for Applied Mathematics, Applied Technology, Location Information and Reading for Information.
- Must have a valid Class-A CDL.
- Must be at least 23 years of age.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months verifiable commercial driving experience (with a semi-tractor & trailer) or equivalent certifications.
- Must be able to pass a DOT pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a skills test (driving test).
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Must be able to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Must be able to safely operate equipment in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time. In addition, must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, and reach.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs, unassisted, several times throughout the workday.
- Must be able to maneuver heavy product (100-700 lbs.) repeatedly throughout the day.
- Must be knowledgeable of DOT regulations.
- Must be lift truck certified.
- Must be willing and able to work any hours or shifts deemed necessary by management.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures on a frequent basis.
- Should have good interpersonal skills.
- Should be familiar with the region in general and the route specifically.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries has been a trusted name in carpets for more than 130 years and is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of broadloom carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Columbia, Century, Dal-Tile, American Olean and Quick-Step. Mohawk's unique merchandising and marketing assist our customers in creating the consumers' dream.
Back to top