Line Haul Operations Specialist - Swing Shift 8PM - 8AM
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Quick-Step and Unilin. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Responsible for receiving and transmitting pure and reliable messages to customers and drivers as well as brokers, shippers and consignees as to assure on time deliveries and problem resolution in a real time environment. This position drives the line haul customer experience.
Also, responsible for tracking and tracing of all Mohawk assets while maintaining optimal performance using the Mohawk metrics and standards that include efficiencies such as deadhead, cost, revenue and utilization.
SWING SHIFT 8PM - 8AM / 3 day weekend every other week.
- Dispatch OTR, Regional and Line Haul from point A to point B using real time data entry of all Mohawk Line Haul Movements.
- Gain Proficiency with McLeod and PeopleNet to create, monitor, update and complete loads to allow for transition to payroll and accounting.
- Maximize Fleet utilization to reduce dead head miles.
- Be conscious of cost and promote the generation of external revenue. Secure unloading fees as needed thru T-Checks, Lumper services, etc. as needed.
- Ensure drivers have adequate home time to maintain driver retention.
- Communicate effectively to resolve issues with all line haul operations including regional.
- Coordinate appointments or reschedules as needed to maximize operational efficiencies and tractor/trailer utilization.
- Provide status updates on loads as required by shipping/receiving agreements.
- Generate daily delivery schedules for loads based on delivery times and customer need.
- Fill open spots for drivers as needed; call in drivers as needed by demand.
- Manages all delays, breakdowns, driver redeployment, driver vacations, overweight trailers and anything else that could possibly disrupt the customer experience in relation to Mohawk Fleet operations.
- Complete incident/accident reports when Supervisor is not present; contact appropriate personnel.
- Schedule repairs for breakdowns; coordinate appropriate shop delivery for scheduled maintenance.
- Match and confirm all POD’s to rate sheets to assure services are available for invoicing in a timely manner.
- Deliver all PODF packets to Logistics AP for processing.
- Provide excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
- Coordinate and communicate with Command Center personnel to ensure both departments are aligned.
- Assist with the completion of driver trip packs vs. real time data entry into McLeod including relay drop operations.
- Create manifest numbers, trip numbers, etc. as needed.
- Provide trip numbers to Drivers thru McLeod/Peoplenet.
- Remain flexible and open to change as day to day operations change based on the needs of both the customer and the company.
- Any other duties required by Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some technical school and/or college degree preferred.
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations preferred.
- Prior experience as a Dispatcher is helpful but not required.
- Proficient with basic software applications (Word,Excel) is necessary. Experience with McLeod and PeopleNet a plus
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills are essential.
- Attention to details.
- Excellent Attendance is required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral
- Must be able to read and write legibly.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to motivate and work well with others.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top