Lead Facilities Maintenance Technician
Leads the Facilities Maintenance team to perform a variety of maintenance tasks on facility infrastructure equipment. Plans, coordinates, and executes projects and major repairs. Performs a diverse range of duties required to support infrastructure needs at multiple locations.
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures, and makes working safely the first step in every job.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of facilities maintenance team; makes daily assignments to meet changing priorities; participates in employee selection and performance reviews
- Coordinates preventive maintenance tasks on facilities equipment (procedures, frequency, and issuance of PM work-orders).
- Assists with management of work-order system (issues work-orders to team, prioritizes issued work-orders, closes/documents completed work-orders)
- Prioritizes, assigns, and documents all trouble-calls received during the day
- Mentors other team members to develop redundancy in specialized skill sets
- Coordinates on-call schedules with team to ensure that specialized skills and services are available for off-hours emergencies
- Meets with contractors and other service providers to solicit bids for projects and services
- Coordinates on-site contractor work to ensure safe practices are used and work is completed properly
- Services and repairs plant HVAC equipment, including air-handlers, chillers, fans, Building Automation System, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting electrical and electronic control systems (ex. Roll-up doors, air-compressors, boilers, HVAC equipment, fire alarm, etc…)
- Performs and coordinates fire alarm repair and training
- Reads electrical and mechanical blueprints, schematics, and other technical drawings and documentation as needed to perform duties
- Works overtimes as needed to maintain critical facility equipment, including responding on nights/weekends to breakdowns
- Possesses strong basic computer skills (can easily navigate in Windows operating system, store and retrieve files, use Microsoft Word and Excel to create basic documents and spreadsheets)
- Assists with pulling and terminating wire, and cable as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate’s degree in industrial maintenance related area preferred
- HVAC, electrical, electronics, I.T., or other certifications preferred
- Autocad training or experience is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in construction and/or maintenance of manufacturing facilities, preferably in the wood working or paper making industry
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel to create and modify documents.
- Must be able to work well with other team members
- Exceptional attention to detail; above average math skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Able to safely work at heights of up to 35 feet and in confined spaces.
- Computer skills (typing, using internet to research parts, read and respond to email)
- Able to write reports and create documents that are clearly worded, professionally written, and generally free of grammatical errors.
- Electrical/electronic repair/installation/troubleshooting experience
- Basic mechanical knowledge and experience.
- Experience in HVAC, boilers, compressors, chillers, etc.
- Must have a valid NC driver’s license.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work during normal work hours, off-hours as needed, and during inclement weather.
- Ability to work primarily on day shift but must be available to respond to calls on nights, weekends and holidays as needed, and occasionally work modified shifts temporarily for projects.
- Lifting up to 75 lbs., bending, squatting, climbing ladders and stairs are all required
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top