Lamination Maintenance Mechanic I
Being an industry leader would not be possible without a winning team. Mohawk Flooring is constantly looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic winners like you to join our team in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain. We offer a variety of challenging and exciting career opportunities at our different operations and locations. Mohawk Flooring is dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining winning team members in every aspect of our business. Start your career search today and find the perfect fit!
Operates a variety of equipment and performs manual functions to maintain machines, mechanical equipment or structures.
Complies with all company safety rules and procedures
Performs work to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or structures in repair
Services, repairs, adjusts, and tests machines and other equipment
Performs maintenance functions and optimization projects on high precision manufacturing and handling equipment
Identifies warning signs of impending equipment failure
Assists other departments with preventative maintenance tasks
Uses experience and creativity to fix or repair machinery breakdowns to minimize downtime
Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Welding certification or accredited training
- Hydraulics and/or pneumatic training
- 7+ years extensive experience in maintenance of a manufacturing environment preferably in the wood working or paper making industry
- Exceptional attention to detail; above average math skills
- Plumbing/piping; excellent welding skills, certification a plus
- Pump, fan, alignment experience
- Computer skills
- Basic electrical repair/installation/troubleshooting experience
- Basic forklift maintenance experience, practical experience and theoretical understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics
- Must have a wide range of mechanical experience dealing with aligning pulleys, belts, chain, gearboxes, replacing high precision bearings, replacing seals, roller conveyors
- Experience in HVAC, boilers, compressors, buildings, etc.
- Preventive maintenance on highly automated machinery (packaging machinery, handling equipment, etc.)
- Good organizational, communication and personal skills
Ability to work any shift
Must be available to respond to calls on nights, weekends and holidays as needed
AA /EEO / Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top