LAMINATING SUPERVISOR - IVC - 12 HR Night
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
101 IVC Drive
Dalton, GA 30721
12 HR Night 7pm - 7am rotating
This leadership role will direct a team of production associates that create the laminated structure and extrusion pelletizing in the LVT process. The process is sophisticated therefore it requires leadership that is driven to understand the technology, savvy to use data to improve the process, and able to coach to develop competent production associates. This department will be highly flexible and adjust schedules to create the right product required by the customer.
- Supervise the laminating process which includes the double belt press, 2 roll calender, laminating line and associated extruders. This part of the process creates some layers of the final product and then laminates all of the layers together to create large panels of the LVT product
- Process expert for extrusion, double belt press, 2 roll calender, and laminating line
- Manage and develop production associates that operate the laminate line
- Coordinate departmental staffing and make necessary arrangements for coverage with other shift supervisors
- Able to work rotating shifts and share in the relief of other department supervisors to allow for vacations, training and project work to support a 24/7 operation
- Lead the entire LVT process on off shifts
- Use SAP to monitor and adjust inventory
- Manage data and results using excel and SPC software
- Clearly communicate the business direction of the LVT plant, the required performance of each associate, and its challenges
- Support departmental KPIs, OEE targets and improvement projects
- Use lean manufacturing practices to achieve department excellence in safety, quality, productivity, cost and delivery
- Ability to communicate off shift issues and contact required resources
- Front Line Leadership to department associates driving production to meet goals in safety and quality
- Technical Degree or adequate experience in related field
- Working process knowledge of laminating, continuous webs, or vinyls
- At least 5 years of experience in managing hourly associates
- Expertise in lean manufacturing practices such as 5S, TPM, and Kaizens
- Must be able to use data from SAP to manage costs
- Must have experience in Excel and other Microsoft suite products
- Must be able to work in a cross functional team to design and implement continuous improvement projects
- Must be self-motivated and able to work flexible hours
- Able to work under pressure and in a stressful environment
- Able to manage projects utilizing all available resources to meet budgets and deadlines
- Must be able to troubleshoot issues and solve problems independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player with an ability to be hands on when necessary
- Commitment to company values
- Travel may be required occasionally
Nonessential Skills and Experience:
- PVC experience a plus
- SAP experience a plus (will be required to learn)
- Continuous operation
- Batch mixing
Reporting to this Position:
- Laminating line associates on designated shift of approximately 12
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel object, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk; or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This candidate must be willing and able to stand on their feet for long periods of time and work flexible hours.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top