Lacquer Line 550 Forklift Operator (Unilin US MDF)
Being an industry leader would not be possible without a winning team. Unilin US MDF is constantly looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic winners like yourself to join our team in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain. We offer a variety of challenging and exciting career opportunities at our different operations facilities locations and headquarters office in Dallas, TX. Unilin US MDF is dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining winning team members in every aspect of our business. Start your career search today and find the perfect fit!
The Lacquer Line 550 driver performs various job functions to support the operation of the Lacquer Line. The duties range from cleaning the Lacquer Line area to moving material to and from the machine to keep the line running.
- Operate 550 or smaller forklifts as necessary to facilitate the smooth operation of the Lacquer Line.
- Assist in the packaging of material for shipment or delivery to other work centers.
- Read and understand production schedules to ensure proper material is available and staged for production.
- Document and report any damage found on forklifts prior to operating.
- Load, unload and organize pallets that the Lacquer Line needs moved for production.
- Empty trash and waste hoppers as needed.
- Ensure propane tanks are filled daily or as needed.
- Drain wastewater totes.
- Assist in the cleaning of Lacquer Line machinery.
- Maintains housekeeping on floor and packaging area.
- Assist in mixing paint and supplying paint to the line.
- Assist in weighing paint and storing in the paint rack.
- Operate a micrometer.
- Read a tape measure.
- Check a panel for square.
- Count material and ensure piece counts.
- Fill out and apply a pallet tag.
- Completely fill out all Quality forms required on panels.
- Keep the L. Line infeed full to ensure the line does not stop.
- Unload out feed properly to ensure the line does not stop.
- Label all partial pallets properly and combine like materials with material in the warehouse.
- Perform daily PM’s to the 550, 155, 80 and 70.
- Stay in constant contact with the operator for schedule changes and to ensure that the right material is being loaded on the infeed.
- Remove scrap boards from the manufacturing building to the fuel pile.
- Observes safe work practices in compliance with the company safety policy
- Ensure empty and full pallets are stacked properly and safely while maximizing the space in the area.
- Clear space for orders when material comes from the saw in pre-cut sizes.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Team Leader.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a night shift position, 6 pm - 6 am
1 yr experience in a manufacturing setting. Must have previous forklift experience.
Forklift Certification up to 550
Successfully complete QC training
Ability to read a tape ruler and micrometer
Good communication Skills
Operate propane filling and dispensing equipment
Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time on concrete.
Must be able to push or pull 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
Must be able to work in varying temperatures up to 110 degrees and work in a dusty environment.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 80 lbs. occasionally.
Must be able to climb vertical ladders, multiple flights of stairs and work off elevated surfaces.
Must not have any limitations in regards to working in confined spaces.
Must be able to wear hearing protection, eye protection, and steel toe shoes.
Must be able to make repetitive motions involving twisting and turning.
Must be able to kneel and bend over frequently.
Must be able to climb on and work around machinery resulting in awkward or uncomfortable positions.
Must be able to sit and drive a forklift on uneven driving surfaces.
Must have vision of 20/50 (corrected or not).
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top