Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
We are currently searching for a Testing Manager to join our Research & Development team at our Headquarters in Dallas, TX. The Testing Manager will manages headquarters R&D product testing methods, procedures and specifications and has 4 direct reports.
- Provides analytical testing of raw materials and products.
- Evaluates test results, checks and maintains equipment and maintains historical results of prior tests.
- Documents test methods, processes, procedures and specifications.
- Creates new test methods, documents procedures and verifies results.
- Writes certificates and updates and maintains the E-certificate database. Sends out results as necessary.
- Performs product defect analysis and determines source of manufacturing defects.
- Evaluates, researches and answers questions regarding product claims.
- Utilizes statistical methods to assist in developing, analyzing and improving test methods and procedures.
- Improves effectiveness of existing process - focus on eliminating the root causes of product claims.
- Represents Dal-Tile and provides support to the following organizations: ANSI, ASTM and ISO. Applies these procedures and specifications to the ceramic tile industry.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent experience. Six Sigma knowledge preferred.
3 - 5 years of experience in R&D testing and preparing technical reports. Prior project management and supervisory experience preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent analytical skills. Good organizational, project management and time management skills. Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently. Ability to apply advanced statistical methods. Strong technical report writing skills. Advanced Excel skills.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, Tuition Reimbursement
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Back to top