IVC - QUALITY INSPECTOR
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
General Job Description: Quality Inspector for production and approval process
Job Duties and responsibilites:
- Guarantee that all production runs meet color and quality standards per master.
- Provide final product inspections to ensure defects are identified and correctly labeled.
- Conduct quality control testing for each production run as well as periodic testing for ASTM certifications to include tensile, tear, impression recovery, weight, thickness, and layer measurement tests.
- Identify systems and procedures to increase the accuracy of inspection and re-inspect processes.
- Assist in the initial production runs in manufacturing to ensure production material is as close as possible visually to the standard.
- Maintain a clean and efficient laboratory environment.
Maintain certification standards of all lab equipment on a yearly basis
- Must have a High-School or GED diploma.
- Must be at 18 years old
- Previous experience with quality systems a must.
- Must have superior color vision.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing and / or six sigma methodology highly desired.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be highly skilled on computers; competency in MS Word and Excel a must.
- Must be able to operate various test equipment and the software that goes with it.
- Able to work independently in a fast paced work environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Commitment to company values
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel object, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk; or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment could be high. May be required to work in high elevations.
Back to top