IVC- Print Press Lead
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
General Job Description:
Oversee all functions of the print department and its machinery and equipment
Job Duties and responsibilites:
- Responsible for personal safety and monitor the safety of others.
- Complete all checklists and the shift report by the end of the shift, and communicate issues to Production Supervision immediately.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the Print Department by making certain all tasks are completed on shift.
- Troubleshoot and report machine malfunctions.
- Ensure doctor blades are inspected throughout the shift and changed as needed.
- Ensure proper and efficient changeovers, including inks and cylinders in the correct units, correct amount of ink, recycling ink, and clean water.
- Verify Operators are using the correct settings on the press, including inlet, pressures, cylinder set-up, and recipes at the startup and throughout the production run.
- Prevent printing defects through the press.
- Make color adjustments and match to lab/production standards. If off color, work with the Ink Department, Creative Lab, Production Supervision, and Quality to either quickly correct or pull off.
- Make sure personnel are following all procedures.
- Responsible for flow of cylinders through the sonic washer.
- Make certain all cylinders are stored in their proper location and that the Cylinder Inventory is current.
- Oversee preparation of new cylinders, including the proper installation of bearings (greased), adapters, snap rings, and gears.
- Ensure mixed ink is properly prepared and on time for production from the ink kitchen.
- Responsible for ensuring consumables are available for the shift (gloves, cut gloves, etc...)
- Responsible for overseeing operation of fork truck, overhead crane, hoist.
- Ensures that all PM’s are completed on time.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must have a High School or GED diploma
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Flexible for all shifts.
- Computer efficient.
- Must pass the IVC-US color vision test.
- 2 years mechanical or maintenance experience.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing
- High level of mechanical aptitude
- Commitment to company values and safe work practices.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Nonessential Skills and Experience:
- Prior leadership experience desired.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for long periods of time; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel object, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk; and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include color vision, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Back to top