IVC- Lift Truck Operator
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
General job description:
Correct processing of outbound and inbound roll movements by operating a lift-truck. During this process, it is crucial to display attention for detail, safety and cleanliness.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Using a RF unit and picking labels, pick the correct rolls from the warehouse bins.
- Pre-stage these rolls on the loading dock or load them on the correct truck immediately.
- Work closely together with the dock-checker to ensure accurate execution (correct product and on correct truck) of the transaction.
- Communicate effectively with the shipping clerk throughout the process.
- Using the RF unit unload the rolls from the container and put them in a free bin location
- General duties:
- Keep your work area as clean and neat as possible
- Help locate “lost” rolls in the warehouse
- Drive safely (in accordance to company standards
Essential Skills and Experience:
Must be at least 18 years of age or older
Must be able to read and write
Must have at least two years of previous lift truck experience
Be a team player
Able to work under direct supervision
Must be able to lift at least 80 pounds
Nonessential Skills and Experience:
Basic computer skills
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel object, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk; or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually not minimal.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top