INVENTORY CONTROL SUPERVISOR
Being an industry leader would not be possible without a winning team. Mohawk Flooring is constantly looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic winners like yourself to join our team in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain. We offer a variety of challenging and exciting career opportunities at our different operations facilities locations and headquarters office in Calhoun, GA. Mohawk Flooring is dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining winning team members in every aspect of our business. Start your career search today and find the perfect fit!
Supervise and direct the operational activities to ensure a high level of system integrity and accuracy in relation to inventory controls and reporting. Implement standards, procedures and policies to support the continuous improvement contributing to inventory accuracy and warehouse layout efficiency. Direct and execute all activities related to movement of materials
To include customers returns as well as suppliers.
- Review and evaluate internal controls relating to inventory and identify control weaknesses.
- Create and develop procedures/ routines to identify, correct and prevent such weaknesses.
- Instruct and train staff to perform such procedures correctly and efficiently.
- Report and analyze cycle-counting results.
- Document and maintain inventory control procedures.
- Perform, supervise and monitor inventory cycle counts.
- Supervise the movement of finished goods through the warehouse from “receiving to put-away”.
- Act as a resource in inventory-related areas to on-going projects.
- Supervise the administration and management of customer returns and credit reconciliation for customers.
- Exercise the necessary safety precautions to ensure the safety of all personnel.
- Plan and schedule the efficient use of associates and equipment to accomplish objectives.
- Continuously measure/monitor performance according to established standards.
- Responsible for analyzing, evaluating and changing layout of distribution center in order to maintain pick efficiencies and storage capacity at a minimum of twice a year.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, supervising, and implementing annual physical inventory if required.
- Responsible for investigating and resolving shipment transactions that have shortages and overages.
- Maintain a highly motivated workforce by providing timely communications, displaying an attitude of consistency and fairness, and providing recognition for good work or ideas.
- Complete performance evaluations and perform continuous performance feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum five years of supervisory experience in a high volume consumer goods Distribution Center, warehouse, or manufacturing facility.
- Broad knowledge of and experience with industrial warehousing and product distribution.
- Knowledge of functions such as shipping, receiving, inventory control, and returns.
- Demonstrated knowledge and successful application of sound employee relations practices. Including coaching and corrective actions.
- Experience with a Warehouse Management System such as SAP or other WMS.
- Demonstrated effectiveness with interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including vertical look-ups and macros.
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken word; influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstances; listen well.
- Able to write clearly and effectively present ideas to document activities; to read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrated ability to foster working relationships with representatives from multiple departments.
- Able to relate to routine operations in a manner that is consistent with existing solutions to problems; to conform to established policies and procedures.
- Able to define and prioritize realistic, specific goals and objectives.
- Able to organize or schedule people to tasks; to develop realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability.
- Able to develop unique and novel solutions to problems; use intuition and a new way of thinking to give birth to new ideas; to present information in an attention-getting and interesting manner.
- Able to work with people in such a manner as to build high morale and obtain team commitments to goals and objectives. Must lead by example and be highly visible and involved.Strongly Desired:
- APICS membership and certifications such as CPIM, CSCP
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top