INTERNAL AUDITOR II
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Internal Audit Professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Performs professional internal auditing work. Work involves conducting performance, financial, information systems, fraud and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; and providing input to development of the annual audit plan. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works under limited supervision (including work review by Senior Auditors) with moderate latitude for initiative and independent work.
- Performs assigned audits in a professional manner and in accordance with the approved audit program.
- Develops the audit program for assigned audits with no existing audit program.
- Performs audit steps and project tasks under limited supervision.
- Supervises and reviews the documentation, results and conclusions of tasks performed by junior internal auditors ensuring the success and professional standards of the assignment.
- Evaluates the adequacy of internal controls and compliance with company policies and procedures by conducting interviews with all levels of personnel, examining transactions, documents, records and reports, and observing procedures.
- Identifies and defines issues and reviews and analyzes evidence.
- Prepares working papers, which record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment, in accordance with professional standards.
- Assists in recommendations based on independent judgment of corrective action and suggested improvements to operations and reductions in cost.
- Writes audit reports for distribution to management and senior management documenting the results of the audit.
- Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursues and is responsible for assuring compliance with the department’s annual requirements of professional development through external and internal training and professional association memberships.
- Represents internal audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings and with external organizations.
- Adheres to all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Internal Audit Manager and/or General Auditor/Director of Internal Audit.
- BS or BA degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with emphasis in accounting desirable and two years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting or business analysis.
- A graduate degree in business or a professional certification such as CPA, CIA, or CISA may each substitute for one year of required experience with a maximum substitution of two years.
- If professional certification has not been attained, active pursuit of CPA, CIA, or CISA certification with completion within one year of employment in “internal auditor” class.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by The Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of all products of audit work.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Ability to travel (up to 30%).
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans
that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top