Intern - Business Process Improvement
The internship will consist of helping on Mohawk way projects related to a metrics-driven, continuous improvement environment across the Carpet manufacturing divisions.
Mohawk is looking for a student to assist in implementing the fundamentals of continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment to include developing and writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), developing audits to assure compliance, analyzing data and presenting conclusions in easy to understand formats and creating a visual workplace.
Passion for growing skills with continuous improvement, tackling interesting work and solving challenging problems
Desire to create well-crafted software, and Enthusiasm for helping community, learning, and collaboration.
- High level of computer skills is required for this position to include the ability to write in PHP/MySQL/HTML/ASP.NET, and Visual Basic.
- Write, test and debug software applications and enhancements to existing software applications
- Knowledge of WordPress, Joomla, C#, and Visual Studio design & development.
- Experience with AS400/SQL a plus
- Experience in Advance Microsoft Excel Experience a Plus
- Experience in web front-end development a plus
- Experience in application API integration a plus
- Experience deploying to cloud environments a plus
- Experience in troubleshooting technical issues when needed using programming languages listed above.
- Ability to work with in MFG environment.
- Must be able to travel up to 35%
- Pursuing a degree in Management Information Systems or a related field
- Strong communication, presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of management, internal and external business contacts
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Back to top