Intern - Business Process Improvement
The internship will consist of helping on Mohawk way projects related to a metrics-driven, continuous improvement environment across the Carpet manufacturing divisions.
Mohawk is looking for a student to assist in implementing the fundamentals of continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment to include developing and writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), developing audits to assure compliance, analyzing data and presenting conclusions in easy to understand formats and creating a visual workplace. Role will include writing, testing, and debugging software applications and assisting with enhancements to existing software applications.
Passion for growing skills with continuous improvement, tackling interesting work and solving challenging problems
Desire to create well-crafted software, and Enthusiasm for helping community, learning, and collaboration.
- High level of computer skills is required for this position.
- Working knowledge of PHP/MySQL/HTML/ASP.NET, and Visual Basic preferred.
- Working nowledge of Web development platforms and programming languages (e.g., WordPress, Joomla, C#, and Visual Studio design & development).
- Experience in Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Experience in web front-end development a plus
- Experience in application API integration a plus
- Ability to work with in MFG environment.
- Pursuing a degree in Management Information Systems or a related field
- Strong communication, presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of management, internal and external business contacts
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top