Interior Design Showroom Sales Assistant (PT)
Exciting part-time Interior Design Showroom Specialist opportunity with a
Global Fortune 500 industry Leader!
Do you have a passion for Interior Design? Would you like to gain valuable, hands-on experience in flooring fashion? This is a great opportunity for a current Interior Design student looking to gain hands-on experience, including potential interaction with top principals of the leading design firms!
We are the Global Leader in Flooring Fashions… period! Why? Because we continually disrupt the flooring industry by raising the bar in every facet of our business; especially when it comes to New Product Development.
For 11 consecutive years we have been recognized by Training Magazine as a Training Top 125 Employer. We recognize the importance of investing in our employees with quality training that strengthens their skillsets and supports continued career development.
Our Commercial Division is looking for top level talent to support our continued growth! So, if you've got G.R.I.T (Guts, Reslience, Integrity, and Tenacity) then read on to see if you can help us continue striving forward.
By the way, did you also know that we were also ranked by PayScale.com as one of the Top 10 Companies with the Most Loyal Employees and on Forbes' List of America's Best Employers?
This is a part-time opportunity with Mohawk Group, the commercial segment of our business (approximately 20 hours per week). The position will be based at our beautiful showroom, which is located within San Francisco's Design District (212 Utah Street - San Francisco, CA 94103). Check out www.MohawkGroup.com to learn more about our commercial business and the commercial flooring solutions we manufacture for our clients.
At Mohawk, we Believe in Better. Our culture of continuous improvement and innovation has brought us to our current position as the leading global flooring manufacturer and is ensuring our continued success as an industry leader. Mohawk Industries is a global, Fortune 500 company, and it's an exciting time to be part of the Mohawk team!
The individual in this role will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining favorable relationships with new and existing clients that visit the showroom in an effort to meet sales objectives for all commercial brand product categories.
- Providing product information to create interest and generate sales for all product brand categories.
Specific responsibliities include:
- Presenting and sells all commercial brand products and services to clients visiting the showroom and provide technical assistance/information regarding product quality and attributes.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients and act as liaison for client with the commercial sales representatives.
- Maintaing knowledge on all current commercial product brand categories.
- Assisting customers with product pricing, availability, and order status.
- Ensures that showroom and sample inventory levels are maintained to service local market.
- Providing leadership and guidance to showroom intern.
- Assisting showroom intern with gaining exposure and knowledge regarding the commercial flooring industry via outside sales team and daily tasks.
- Providing feedback to sales management regarding customer needs/requirements to enhance or improve current selling strategies and techniques
- Performing other duties as assigned.
• Experience and working knowledge of commercial products in the flooring industry
• Familiarity with Revit/Sketchup preferred
• Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in the following areas: Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with all levels of internal and external customers.
• Ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas
• Ability to develop and maintain exceptional client relationships.
• Ability to conceptualize, organize and execute new initiatives
• Strong organizational skills – attention to detail and Self-Motivator-willing to take the initiative
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top