INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER - RESILIENT
- Develops, assesses and implements techniques and equipment of high complexity used in production processes to maximize the efficiency of the operations.
- Plans and designs systems as assigned that increase productivity by improving the integration of people, materials, systems, equipment and finance with limited direct supervision.
- Recommends more efficient and safer manufacturing processes using new, existing or modified machinery, equipment or systems under the limited guidance/direction of Continuous Improvement Manager.
- Recommends or implements changes to work methods, materials, machinery, manpower allocation and safety measures for project of high complexity with minimum direction from supervision.
- Develops work standards, schedules, procedures and performance standards for work applications to improve efficiency and cost reductions for projects of moderate to high complexity. Under supervision of Continuous Improvement Manager will communicate and implement recommendations.
- Analyzes and recommends changes to work operations to reduce noise, pollution, toxic chemicals, etc. Will communicate and implement recommendation under the direction of a Continuous Improvement Manager.
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly maintenance and other reporting systems output as assigned.
- Assists in cross-functional projects or meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Masters preferred. Six Sigma and LEAN experience preferred.
- Training in the following areas preferred: Six Sigma, TQM, ISO9000, Lean or other related process/statistical analysis methodology
- Demonstrated proficiency in system software, PC proficiency – Access, Excel, Word and MS Project and other databases.
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written, presentation and interpersonal.
- Self-starter, technical aptitude, strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Design, develop and maintain Industrial Engineering databases of moderate to highly complexity
- Demonstrated ability to manage plant level project assignments successfully.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office, MS Project, AutoCAD and other system/ database applications
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Back to top