INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER II
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
- Plans utilization of facilities, equipment, materials and personnel to improve efficiency of operations.
- Studies product and its requirements, using mathematical methods such as operations research, to meet those requirements and design manufacturing and information systems.
- Designs management control systems to aid in financial planning and cost analysis.
- Studies functional statements, organizational charts and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of workers and work units to identify areas of duplication.
- Recommends methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities, such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment and purchase of equipment.
- Plans layout to provide maximum operating efficiency.
- Studies sequence of operations to be performed and flow of business and materials.
- Analyzes work force utilization, facility layout and operational data, such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- May develop capacity planning models for multiple manufacturing lines and testing areas and provide summary reports to middle and upper management.
- Provide assistance in capital budget planning
- Provide assistance in the development and design of plant layouts for multiple manufacturing lines.
- Performs other duties as required by management.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering
- 2 - 5 years of experience in the field of Industrial Engineering.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external business contacts.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Ability to identify, plan, implement and evaluate cost or labor related projects
- Ability to design and implement manufacturing studies regarding production or cost methods.
- Good organizational skills to independently prioritize daily activities to meet department objectives.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top