INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER I - COMMERCIAL MANUFACTURING
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Responsible for providing support and assistance to the manufacturing operations in developing and implementing plans for major capital improvement and maintenance projects for simple to moderate complexity for manufacturing operations. Provides assistance in project management for cross disciplinary engineering functions – operating budgets, project measurements & control for capability, efficiency, quality, timelines, and safety. All projects are at a local plant level only.
- Develops, assess and implements techniques and equipment of simple to moderate complexity used in production process to maximize the efficiency of the operations.
- Plans and designs systems as assigned that increase productivity by improving the integration of people, materials, systems, equipment and finance.
- Researches and may recommend more efficient and safer manufacturing processes using new, existing or modified machinery, equipment or systems under the guidance of a more senior engineering staff member.
- Researches, recommends or/may implements changes to work methods, materials, machinery, manpower allocation and safety measures for project of up simple to moderate complexity.
- Develops work standards, schedules, procedures and performance standards for work applications to improve efficiency and cost reductions using standard company approved standards. Reviews standards with more senior engineering staff member before implementation.
- Analyses and recommends changes to work operations to reduce noise, pollution, toxic chemicals, etc under the direction of a more senior engineering staff member.
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly maintenance and other reporting systems output as assigned.
- Assists in cross-functional projects or meetings as required under the direction of more senior engineering staff member.
- Performs other duties as assigned under direction or more senior level industrial engineer.
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering.
Minimum of one year’s prior work experience as an intern or on the job training or prior work experience in Industrial Engineering projects gain in Mohawk or other companies.
Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred.
Excellent communication skills, oral, written, presentation and interpersonal.
Critical thinking, strong time management, complex problem solving and information processing abilities.
Self-starter, technical aptitude, strong mathematical, analytical skills.
Demonstrated knowledge of system software , PC proficiency- Access, Excel, Word and MS Project and other databases
Demonstrated ability to design, develop and maintain Industrial Engineering databases of moderate complexity
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top