HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER - IVC
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IVC Group Facility
- Provides interpretation of facilitates' adherence to corporate policies and procedures; ensures continued compliance and guides management in handling sensitive HR issues. Provides first response/line of defense on employee relations issues, keeping Senior HR management informed of and/or working under their direction to address and resolve issues that have the potential to become complex and present a risk to employees and/or the company.
- Oversees the administration of and compliance to compensation, benefits, EEO and other human resources policies and procedures in accordance within corporate guidelines; oversees the request, approval and processing of personnel actions for the region. Provides training and guidance to management and employees as needed; responds to routine questions regarding compensation and benefits programs, works with division and/or corporate functional specialist to resolve more complex issues. Develop and maintain reporting systems and procedures that are in compliance with established administrative policies, regulations and acceptable HR and payroll practices.
- Manages the employment and recruiting function for the business unit; develops and oversees procedures and activities to recruit and/or develop sources of recruitment, interview and screen applicants, coordinate the selection, screening, processing and orientation of new employees; ensures compliance to all company and regulatory requirements and reporting that governs the employment function; reviews and maintains appropriate employment records and systems and administers effective and efficient workforce planning strategies.
- Confers with business unit management teams to assist with identifying and developing programs to resolve employee skills training and development needs. Works with HR senior management to develop, locate, review, recommend and/or deliver training programs to knowledge and skills required to optimize individual and business unit performance.
- Ensures Human Resources activities, employee records, records retention, information distribution and regulatory reporting comply with Federal, State, Company and accrediting agencies
- Coordinates administrative and logistical details associated with the day-to-day operations of the HR Department; coaches, develops and motivates subordinate staff to achieve goal, objectives and professional growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field and 5+ years of progressively responsible professional HR experience OR a min. of 10 years experience.
- Experience must include a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory/lead capacity, supporting a diverse work team in a manufacturing environment.
- In-depth knowledge of the laws, regulations, policies, procedures and practical application governing the functions of Human Resources.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret, adapt, known methods, system procedures or operating concepts to new situations
- Demonstrated experience leading or facilitating the development and implementation of business oriented projects
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with Mohawk’s senior management, internal and external business contacts; ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility and the desire and capability of motivating and directing the activities of others, and the ability to work effectively in a diverse work group
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through team efforts, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas.
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues related to Human Resources.
- Ability to deal in a high-pressure environment (occasionally in a crisis situation) and render good decisions to resolve the problems
Back to top