Human Resource Coordinator
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting leadership opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company – and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge.
Supporting the administration of the Human Resources (HR) function. The HR Representative will act as the initial point of contact for employees with general HR, benefits, leaves of absence and policy questions. He/She will support the administration of and provide explanation of company programs and policies. The HR Representative will provide administrative oversight of attendance policy and occurrence monitoring, Kronos corrections, Safety PPE programs (shoes/eyewear) and other employee programs & events. The HR Representative will provide research assistance in a variety of areas, such as employee relations, equal employment opportunity, compensation, occupational health and safety, benefits, and internal communication. Other duties will include maintaining department spreadsheets and reporting requirements.
This position will also support the employee communication outlets to include FB & e-signs. Will be expected to bring new ideas to increase employee engagement and participate in the lean operational meetings with the various operations teams. Experience with social media marketing and/or company social media account would be a HUGE plus!
Bachelors degree in Business or related field
1-3 year related Human Resource experience preferred. Entry Level HR Position
- Broad knowledge of the laws, regulations, policies, procedures and practical application governing the functions of Human Resources.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems to include timekeeping systems, Kronos and SAP SuccessFactors Experience a plus.
- Intermediate proficiency level using a PC and related programs such as, Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, and Internet.
- Strong math and analytical skills to perform math calculations, interpret, adapt, known methods, system procedures or operating concepts to new situations
- Good presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with Mohawk’s management, internal and external business contacts; ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards
- Ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas and the ability to work effectively in a diverse work group
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, handle multiple tasks with concentration speed and accuracy to meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise good judgment, problem solving ability and resourcefulness in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures and the ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues through solution-oriented projects
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Frederic B.Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top