We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting leadership opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company – and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge - allowing you to focus on HR!
- Advises Management in resolution of employee relations issues. Responds to employee and management inquires regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Ensures policies, procedures, and programs are in compliance.
- Recruits, interviews, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientations.
- Conducts and/or coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, safety and sexual harassment.
- Administers benefits, salary, and performance review programs to ensure compliance and equity within the organization.
- Maintains employee personnel files and records.
- Prepares separation notices, related documentation, conducts exit interviews, and produces absenteeism/turnover reports.
- Ensures wage surveys are conducted within local labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Prepares Human Resources budget and ensures department operates within budget.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services.
- Ensures effective payroll and benefit administration.
- Manages employee activities and communications.
- Represents company at employee hearings and investigations.
- Ensures safe and healthful working conditions and an organized work environment.
- Coaches and reviews performance of direct reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or related field.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, practices and procedures in Human Resources.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive Human Resource Generalist experience with at least 2 years management experience.
- HR Experience supporting Manufacturing, Distribution or Professional Sales preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to handle conflict resolution.
- Ability to analyze data and apply results.
Back to top