Hospitality Project Specialist
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Under minimal supervision, this position works with Hospitality Sales Representatives, National Accounts, Strategic Account Managers, RVP’s, Hospitality Pre-Order Support and Hospitality Customer Service to ensure that the end-user/client is properly serviced according to estimates/Artwork/Planning and Estimating Documents/Customer Purchase Orders/ contractual agreements and/or bid requirements. This position provides project management for existing and new hospitality accounts and is the single point of contact for Hospitality Sales Associates and accounts.
- Review plans – layout, patterns, backing, typo, widths for all orders before release to planning
- Review production worksheets for correct widths, sizes, yardage and number of rugs, lf of borders and corners and lf runners, verify repeats and feasibility based on floor plans/CAD drawings
- Review rugs for repeat issues based on final plans
- Review proposal to the order for base, width, backing, etc.
- Verify order for accuracy – pattern number(s), backing, typo(s), strike off number(s), width
- Verify strike off base grade to ordered grade
- Review pattern repeat in conjunction with rugs, production widths etc.
- Verify usage for patterns with restrictions
- Review backing ordered for restrictions
- Verify we have signed waiver letters, signed PWE (Pattern Work Express)
- Verify field verification has taken place if requested/required
- Double check blotch color(s) ordered – verify usage if over 20 sy
- Verify that all necessary AW (Art Work) has been approved and pattern number(s) have been assigned
- If an “E” strike off or paper strike off is used on the order….verify that the carpet strike off used covers the palette as required
- Verify colors of the strike off/palette do not exceed maximum allowable
- Double check the flow of the patterns and that all patterns are running in the correct direction based on CAD drawing/installation
- Confirm any claims issue and what needs to be done this time to prevent the problem.
- Navigate the AS400 to find information for patterns, problems, the order or the job.
- Pull strike offs
- Review any problems with the appropriate person/department and drive change with personnel and management
- Coordinate existing and new hospitality accounts by assisting with the completion of hospitality estimate/contract packages, ongoing support of sales associates, and preparation of project proposals
- Coordinate order/purchase agreements, installation schedule with customer & installer, and project-specific pricing with internal partners. Coordinate patternworks / field verifications / artwork / strike-offs / Order entry with either Pre-Order Support, Design or Customer support and the client.
- Communicate and follow-up with Sales personnel, installer, FF&E Partner, purchasing agents and customers during production process to determine products / pricing and assure that all customer requirements are met
- Prepare and submit proposals, order entry packet for CSR, including customer PO, necessary shipping schedule, instructions, etc. according to established installation schedule, and Installer Service Agreements to labor partners and purchasing groups or national contracts
- Confirm installation schedule with customer, sales and installer and receipt of signed purchase Agreement or estimate prior to material shipment.
- Follow-up with CSR & Purchaser to ensure schedule is progressing according to plan.
- Manage blanket inventory needs for each client based on project forecasting working with CS and planning and sales
- Report project activity (Orders, Quotes, Profit, etc…)
- Prepare / Submit / Process Change Orders
- Provide technical documentation and support where needed
- Resolve problem situations involving customers.
- Assist with completion of RFP’s, RFI’s, Bids
- Perform other duties as required.
- College degree preferred plus 3 - 5 years customer service related experience. Or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hospitality Customer Service, Pre-Order Support or Critique experience preferred.
- Prior Project management experience preferred.
- Basic Computer Skills: in word-processing and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AS400, Internet, and Electronic mail).
- Ability to understand AutoCAD / Read Plans / Recognize pattern repeat issues preferred
- Basic understanding of carpet installation, transitions, seaming, etc. preferred
- Able to translate planning and estimating information into order format and vice versa
(Does the order meet the requirements from the estimate and is it feasible and properly documented and entered)
- Must be able to work across multiple organizational entities within and outside department
- General office experience required with exposure in a customer service environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Company brands and products information required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures related to department activities.
- Knowledge of company’s functional structure to research and coordinate customer request.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top