Hospitality Pre-Order Support Supervisor
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Supervisory support for the Pre Order Service Department, directing the daily and growth opportunities of the SPOC (Single Point of Contact) associates. Working directly with the Pre-Order Support Manager, ensures effective and efficient coordination between the department associates, the Company and its customer with a high level of service and support. This position works with the Design, Patternworks and Sample Manufacturing Departments in coordinating all pattern information, strike-off information and any other pertinent information to assure that proper information goes to design and other departments to accurately complete the order process. Communicates with customers and sales agents on pattern issues, and any additional items that may stop an order.
- Performs supervisory duties that may include but are not limited to: orientation and training (both initial and ongoing) of team members, oversight and performance management of direct reports, timekeeping duties/approvals.
- Provides task-related direction and advice to resolve non-routine issues and identifies discrepancies and provides guidance on the action steps necessary to correct work.
- Requires a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize in order to achieve success.
- Independent decision maker who can work with little to no daily supervision.
- Investigates internal errors and determines the root cause of the issue. After identifying the root cause (by initiating and leading a team) the Supervisor will challenge the current standard procedure to prevent the failure from reoccurring and implement process improvements
- Leads Project/Team meetings to overcome any challenges with new or existing jobs
- Understanding of manufacturing and installation limitations for multiple product platforms
- Good eye for color and matchback variations, this role will review and approve post sample production requests
- Coordinates, organizes, and designs details & technical information (rug sizes, information, colors that may be used, etc.)
- Communicates with the sales force and customers to explain any issues that certain patterns might encounter when ordered on broad array of carpet bases and/or product platforms
- Assists agents and customers in selecting existing Durkan Designs.
- Assigns pattern numbers and orders new designs to be stored (for future customer orders) for production & Sample Printing/Tufting.
- Interacts with and POD members and departments in support of POD- Pricing, Design, Spectronic Layout and Manufacturing
- Archives Pattern information and maintains accurate pattern records on all Durkan Print, Definity and CYP Designs.
- Speaks directly for the Pre Order Service department when working with the Marketing Department on updating catalogs and brochures with pertinent pattern information to assure that the Sales Force has the tools and resources needed to properly sale Mohawk product with colors, dimensions, and pattern related limitations.
- Seeks out assistance and collaboration from others within the organization, including Product Management, Manufacturing, Design and Quality Control, to better support our salesforce and customers.
- Reviews architectural plans when required.
- Provides feedback to management regarding department enhancements, process improvements and/or job performance of lower level team members.
- Participates in and leads special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED required. AA degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years job specific experience required or appropriate combination of education and experience that provide the incumbent with a broad knowledge of the principles, concepts, methodology, skills, technical methods and competencies required for this position.
- Advanced knowledge of the Custom Hospitality Process
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, AS400, Strike off Program
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with customers, Agents / Reps, RVPs, National Account Managers, and external business contacts
- Ability to work under general supervision with an excellent sense of priority, logic and objectivity, and to exercise good judgment in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures
- Highly organized. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments/projects and to manage time effectively
- Must possess a high level of diplomacy, discretion and judgment in dealing with requests
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Strong analytic and research skills to provide solutions for clients.
- Knowledge of general office policies and procedures.
- Strong leadership skills.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top