HOSPITALITY PRE-ORDER SPECIALIST
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
This position coordinates duties within the Design Tech, Pattern Works and Strike-Off Departments and serves as primary point of contact with customers and sales reps.
- Communicate pattern information between Design, Patter Works and Strike-off departments to ensure proper information regarding rug sizes, and pattern layouts. Assure that pertinent pattern information is delivered to the appropriate department.
- Communicate with customers and sales agents on pattern issues and on the progress of specific jobs. Respond to concerns pertaining to job(s).
- Enter strike-off requests from sales agents and customers. Coordinate and organize design details and technical information (rug sizes, colors that may be used, etc.). Communicate with sales force and customers to explain any pattern issues encountered.
- Assist agents and customers in selecting existing Durkan Designs.
- Receive mail, set up jobs for carpet layers, email estimates and seaming diagrams, maintain files, prepare and send FedEx packages, and perform other administrative duties as necessary.
- Perform data entry into AS400.
- Communicate with sales reps and Customers concerning progress of a specific job.
- Archive pattern information and maintain accurate pattern records on all Durkan Print and CYP Designs.
- Assign pattern numbers and order new designs to be stored (for future customer orders) for production and Sample Printing/Tufting.
- Using designs, build comps to combine print patterns and determine if patterns can be manufactured.
- Assist Marketing Department in keeping catalogs and brochures updated with pertinent pattern information.
- Submit Copyrights to the Library of Congress and maintain copyright records.
- Read and interpret information from request forms, file paperwork, and perform other duties as assigned.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- High School diploma or GED required
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible job specific experience or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using Lotus Notes, AS400, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of information furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with internal and external business contacts and customers.
Back to top