GRAPHIC DESIGNER II
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Graphic Designer II will be responsible for the design and production of sample boards, literature, labels, packaging, development of print and web graphics, as well as creative conception of marketing collateral and merchandising materials in support of Brand Marketing initiatives.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office Suite, and FTP client software in a Mac OS share server environment, to be able to perform duties quickly and efficiently using industry best practices.
- Must understand design process from conception to final production, with experience in print and pre-press mechanical production.
- Ability to understand and interpret both conceptual and technical specific information.
- Ensure industry graphic standards are met consistently on all collateral.
- Attention to detail a must; strong proofreading skills and ability to produce high quality work without errors.
- Ability to implement design templates using Styles and Tables in InDesign across all brand marketing merchandising tools.
- Must have strong color skills and ability to color correct photography and adjust RGB/CMYK values.
- Ability to create and manipulate digital assets for print and web support.
- Apply proper naming conventions and maintain digital assets on a continuous basis.
- Must have experience working with file naming conventions in a share server environment.
- Must be able to provide collaborative creative concepts in coordination with Brand/Home Center Managers, Creative Services Manager, or any other internal or external customer, with the ability to drive concepts to completion quickly and efficiently.
- Must have experience with planning and coordination of product photography, while working closely with photography studio to drive projects to completion quickly and efficiently.
- Must have the ability to self-manage multiple projects, from concept to completion, in a fast-paced environment, with shifting priorities including, but not limited to, design and production responsibilities and administrative tasks
- Ensure that assigned projects are completed on time and meets set objectives.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ensure that assigned projects are completed on time and meets set objectives; attention to detail a must.
- Reflect a professional and proficient approach when communicating with team members and customers.
- Keep an open line of communication on project status with Creative Services Manager, Brand/Home Center Managers, and all project owners and team members involved.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Understands hierarchy of communication and workflow within the department.
- Communicates with teammates and works closely under Creative Services Manager, Brand/Home Center Managers, and all project owners and team members involved, to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Supports internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with major in graphic design or visual communications preferred (on the job experience may be substituted)
- 3-5+ years experience in an in-house corporate environment; agency experience a plus
- Proficient in Mac OS, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office Suite, and FTP client software
- Proficiency with Styles and Tables in InDesign, photo manipulation, and packaging files to be press-ready a must
- Candidates with an in-depth understanding of photography and video will be considered first.
- Packaging and carton design experience a plus
Skill sets and individual contributions required:
- Maintains a positive attitude in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
- Understands and is able to take challenges/opportunities and leverage comprehensive thinking to provide solutions.
- Performs duties with latitude for independent judgment and decision making within the framework of the job.
- Has a strong working knowledge and understanding of all design and production initiatives, priorities, and discipline.
- Experience and confidence to onboard quickly into position to assist in making a positive impact.
- Flexibility with the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, Tuition Reimbursement
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top