GRAPHIC DESIGNER I
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best GRAPHIC DESIGNER Professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing GRAPHIC DESIGNER Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Primary responsibilities will include working with Mohawk Home In-house photography studio, constructing and manipulating room scene(s), lifestyle photography for retail use, e-commerce, .com, and internal use. Candidate will also be directly responsible for Digital Asset Management within Mohawk Home creative services department. Ideal candidate should also possess artistic skills and basic design principles to determine the best visual effect in planning and designing various printed, multimedia, and photography projects when required. Performs with limited latitude for independent action within the framework of the job’s primary duties and responsibilities.
- Manipulates room scene/lifestyle photography to clients needs. Uses artistic skills to digitally remove and add floor covering products to existing and new room scene photography.
- Maintains Digital Asset library with newly created images and existing images.
- Consults with members of the sales team and other internal clients to determine photography digital manipulation needs, and produce visual solutions for the specific photography needs of the client. Translates client needs into multiple options that allow flexibility in achieving the goals of the project.
- Uses artistic skills and basic design principles to determine the best visual effect in planning, developing, and designing creative, aesthetic materials that are targeted to a specific audience and are consistent with the image of Company brands. Follows photography projects from conception to print to ensure the production of the highest quality catalogs, brochures, advertisements, and other visual media possible.
- Works in a team environment to contribute ideas for concept development and to refine aspects of all jobs within the department.
- Maintains all completed project files for future use.
- Researches and monitors design trends to sharpen skills, keep with current technology and software, and determine ways to enhance the Company’s image and designs from those of the competitor.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Advanced level proficiency in Photoshop is an absolute must. Room scene/lifestyle photography manipulation in MAC environment is required.
- Four-year college degree in a related field is required, preferably in Art, Design, or Marketing. Plus 0-2 years of job specific work experience.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in the following areas: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Quark in both a MAC and PC environment.
- Understanding of basic graphic illustration and art design principles and concepts.
- Previous experience preferred in project management involving successfully organizing, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation.
- Must be an effective team member.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks with concentration, speed, and accuracy to meet multiple deadlines and shifting requirements to produce a large volume of high quality material with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively interact with team members, management, and other internal and external customers and to build positive interpersonal relationships with various business partners in a cross-functional environment (specifically sales and marketing).
- Consistent, proven ability to manage and implement projects and to contribute to concept development.
- Ability to approach unfamiliar situations and conceptualize a range of creative and imaginative solutions with ease, using creativity skills to document and sell them to clients
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Back to top