GRAPHIC CERAMIC TECHNICIAN
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Graphic Ceramic Technician will create and customize graphic arts utilizing adobe and other related software in order to match existing/new products requested by marketing.
- Evaluates and digitally edits CMYK and RGB files performing color management on graphics to match existing/new products.
- Perform maintenance, calibration and operation of monitors, plotter and printers.
- Attention to details, ability to understand and interpret technical specific information.
- Experience with ceramic manufacturing process.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, including but not limited to, design and production responsibilities and administrative tasks.
- Create and/or organize a digital library of all art jobs performed.
- Create and/or organize profiles required to be used as future reference.
- Print and perform all tests required on digital printers. Ensure that assigned projects are completed on time and meets set objectives.
- Assist production department on any graphic adjustment required to achieve a target shade.
- Maintain and organize files workstation.
- Experience in graphic production design and Adobe Photoshop and/or related programs on Mac computer system.
- Responsible for the creation of master tiles for each product.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
High school diploma or GED required. BS/BA in Ceramics and/or BS/BA on Graphic Design preferred. Knowledge of graphic production design. Advanced knowledge of Adobe programs on Mac computer. Color management experience in ceramic preferred. Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processors to perform various analysis and business correspondence.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience or equivalent, including glaze, paste, color development, Photoshop and Digital printing technology (INKJET).
Other Pertinent Job Information: While performing the duties of this job:
- The associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may sit, climb or balance, talk or hear.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Good oral and written communications skills. Good record keeping skills. Good listening skills. Accurate measurement capability. Good math skills. Ability to understand and speak basic English. Must be Dal-Tile certified to operate powered industrial trucks. Basic computer literacy. Knowledge of glaze raw materials and additives. Knowledge of all testing procedures. Good organizational skills.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Back to top