GLAZE LINE TECHNICIAN
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Glaze Line Technician will Coordinate operations of glaze line areas following Dickson plant objectives.
- Helps to maintain a safe and healthy working environment for Glaze Line areas.
- Ensures all safety protocols throughout the plant are adhered to.
- Follows the Quality Management System, which is certified to ISO 9001:2008 for all Glazing operations.
- Performs necessary LOTO audits and assists in delivering weekly safety training materials.
- Ensures product specifications are followed throughout the Glazing Department.
- Responsible for reviewing box samples and pre-production tests with Supervisor.
- Assist the Glazing Supervisor in coordinating the operations of all glaze line operations.
- Responsible for helping with training of all new hires in regards to safety, quality policy and management systems, as well as operations of all glazing equipment and product knowledge.
- Responsible for working with maintenance team to develop and sustain operator basic care programs.
- Fill-in and relief responsibility for all glazing job functions.
- Performs adjustments to rotocolor, digital machines, and airless cabins to ensure production is correct.
- Assists in the color and production changes.
Education and Knowledge:
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Requires knowledge of safety policy and procedures. Ability to read/write English. Basic computer literacy. Extensive knowledge of Glaze Line and quality standards and overall ceramic manufacturing.
3 or more years operations experience.
Requires Dal-Tile level II or level III glazing certification or 2+ years experience in the ceramic tile industry with a strong background in quality.
Other Pertinent Job Information: While performing the duties of this job:
- The associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance.
- The associate may lift and/or move 50 to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The associate may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock or vibration.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Core competencies include strong communication, listening skills, leadership skills, organizational skills, conflict resolution skills, and ability to analyze, plan and schedule.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Back to top