GENERAL MAINTENANCE II (ENGINEERING GROUP) - SUMMERVILLE
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.P
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Maintain and/or repair extrusion equipment including all assigned support equipment as necessary. Focusing primarily on scheduled maintenance, parts replacement/ repair and general cleaning of machinery. Clean and maintain the facility including areas assigned outside.
- Work safely obeying all plant rules and procedures
- Maintain a clean and orderly work place for your assigned ares
- Perform positional pm work including removing and installing any equipment that is necessary to clean including winders, quench cabinets, screens, packs, ducts or piping, covers or guards any part of the machinery that is deemed necessary either scheduled or non scheduled.
- Changing filters including air handler blanket filters, motor cooling filters. Compressed air filters. Change oil in extruder gear boxes, installs/remove resin lines, vacuum filters, dryer filters, vacuum pump oil, blower filters.
- Rebuild serviceable parts including jets, valves, guides, drums, rolls pneumatic cylinders, resin pumps any parts that can be rebuilt directly or indirectly related to production.
- Assist other mechanics in completing project work or repair of more compressive equipment
- Any other task deemed necessary by the management team
- High School Diploma or GED
- Able to read and write English
- Experience operating Lift truck
- Work outdoors as required
- Ability to lift 40 pounds, walk up and down stairs
- Able to work extended beyond scheduled hours on short notice
Back to top