GENERAL MAINTENANCE I (ENGINEERING GROUP) - SUMMERVILLE
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
- Associates's Degree or Technical Certificate in related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable building electrical, plumbing, HVAC system, boilers, generators, etc. and proficient using all applicable tools and equipment.
- Experience operating a forklift required.
- Possess a technical aptitude to read and understand techical documents and instructions such as blue prints, electrical schematics, mechanical and machine drawings for installations, troubleshooting and repair.
- Reads and writes in stardard English and proficient in performing basic math calculations
- Succesful completion of all training and ability to operate and performs preventative maintenance on assigned department equipment, machinery, tools, etc.
- Successful completion of all required health and environmental safety training
- May be required to use PC and other department specific database systems
- Applies an intermediate level of technical skills and broad knowledge of industry standards and government regulations relative to the installation, maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipes and related electrical systems in the company facilities.
- Proactively identifies and takes action to correct unsafe working or building conditions, equipment malfunctions and other emergencies or coordinates with the appropriate department, vendor or contractor to promptly resolve problems and minimize downtime. Stays informed of applicable OSHA and company safety guidelines and operation procedures .
- Performs other duties as required
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of issues
- Ability to perform specific duties with instructions but without direct supervision
- Ability to maintain valid driver's license
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and to be reached by pager or phone 7 days/week, 24 hours/day
Back to top