GALLERY DESIGN CONSULTANT
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Gallery Design Consultant provides interior design consultation, tile and stone selection consultation/support for our wholesale customer as well as their clients. All customers will be referred to the appropriate SSC for the actual sales transaction. Provides key liaison with the Design community and Arch Reps.
- Works at a stand-alone Dal-Tile Gallery (non SSC location).
- Provides interior design consultation, tile and stone selection advice and support ensuring the completion of selection/sales for builders, designers and clients.
- Utilizes Auto-CAD Project Management and creates drawings to present interior room / building designs and proposals for customers, designers, and clients.
- Creates and maintains tile and stone displays, and sample boards.
- Creates and assists in creation of merchandising/marketing programs.
- Manages product samples and displays based on knowledge of all product lines; manages samples supply and distribution.
- Provides key liaison assistance with the Design community and Architectural Representatives.
- Executes daily office tasks and office administration.
- Executes shipping and receiving activities for samples, merchandise and displays.
- Helps train / develop Showroom consultants on product knowledge as well as color / pattern coordination who may work in the Gallery on a full time or part time (i.e. every Saturday) basis.
- Leads gallery tours for visitors and guests of Dal-Tile.
- Performs inventory stock checks as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Design Consultant Job Orientation
Customer Service 15%
Education and Knowledge:
- Associates / Bachelors Degree in Design preferred or equivalent combination of education, training and / or experience
- Minimum of 2 years interior design training at college or a design institute / industrial design
- Knowledge of basic math.
- 3 + years interior design, customer service preferably within the ceramic tile and stone industry.
- Considerable Creativity
- Customer Service Skills
- PC Skills (use of Auto-CAD, Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, etc.)
- Color Coordination and Design Skills
- Ability to Read Blueprints and Plans
- Knowledgeable of Product lines
Other Pertinent Job Information:
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top