FUNCTIONAL ANALYST I
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Functional Analyst I professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Functions as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions. Responsible for performing current state analysis, defining systems strategy, developing system requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementation.
- Performs accurate analysis and effective diagnosis of client issues and manages day-to-day client relationships at peer client levels.
- Analyzes customers’ business requirements and tailors the use of the system to meet those objectives. Identifies and understands end users’ technical system requirements. Builds and maintains strong end user relationships as single-point-of-contact for all supported system and IT-related matters.
- Documents and analyzes software, and/or system functional requirements from key stakeholders, develops project plans and timelines to successfully deploy solutions, installs and configures systems to meet each client’s individual requirements, assists with data conversion, and provides end-user training and on-going customer support.
- Liaises with key business users for business requirements and translating them into system requirements. Liaises with all aspects of production procurement, testing, and implementation. Works with system developers to custom make system Modules to meet the business requirements of buy/sell operations.
- Works with the project team for project rollout/implementation and system upgrades. Keeps up-to-date on product releases and new technologies.
- Provides strategic consultancy support to assigned customers in defining or designing business processes and researching and identifying enabling technologies based on customer requirements; documents existing customer business processes, identifies inefficiencies and recommends improvements for these systems.
- Proactively seeks ways to apply technology to business processes, researching and providing information on technical trends and competitors’ practices relevant to the assigned client business; partners with customers to develop business case justification for applications projects; identifies customer business requirements for significant enhancements to existing systems and for new development projects; translates requirements into business rules and user interfaces; coordinates systems design efforts with end user interactions.
- Develops, documents, and maintains best practices, project standards, procedures, application, quality objectives and “lessons learned”, including metrics for assessing progress; ensures that applications systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices; develops and delivers training on and emphasizes the use of established project standards, methodology and quality objectives.
- Monitors and reports on the status of multiple concurrent project efforts; proactively review and interpret performance against operating plans and standards; provides information and reports to managers on interpretation of results.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related discipline with a Computer Science focus. Foreign degree equivalent accepted.
- Must have 1-2 years of progressive experience in programming language and/or SQL.
- Must have 1-2 years of progressive experience with the following:
- Database queries
- Multi-system support
- Hands-on experience;
- Utilizing knowledge of various systems data exchanges, and experience working on medium and large scale projects that involve conceptualizing, organizing, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation, with diverse stakeholders such as business unit/division, contractors, and vendors.
- Perform systems support for a 24/7 production environment where availability and responsiveness are critical for success.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent presentation, organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and to meet deadlines
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Back to top