FLOORING PRODUCT MANAGER
- Product Management
- Drive the new product launch process from concept to implementation.
- Collaborate with R&D, manufacturing, and marketing in developing new products and managing existing ones.
- Conduct various financial analyses including product line forecasts, inventory planning, SKU management, pricing, and margin analysis.
- Provide input and analysis for all product forecasts.
- Develop project plans and timelines and manage projects to a timely completion.
- Maintain product management databases and distribute relevant information to other functional groups.
- Facilitates problem resolution related to product quality and supply chain issues.
- Prepare educational and training information for the sales field and customer base.
- Field questions and requests from the sales team and customer base, route those requests to the appropriate department and respond back in a timely manner.
- Product Development
- Participate in the overall product strategy as well as the design, development, and introduction of new products.
- Conduct market research and identifies new product opportunities with current and potential customer base.
Education and Knowledge:
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Engineering or related business field. MBA preferred. Knowledge of the flooring or building product industry preferred.
Minimum of 4 years of experience in product management or related field. Working knowledge of manufacturing practices and sales.
- Ability to influence and foster teamwork at all levels of the organization.
- Can easily identify critical path items.
- Self-starter, moves projects forward/handles responsibilities with little direction once fully trained. Executes responsibilities with a sense of urgency.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office. Working knowledge of SAP.
Back to top