Field Services Technical Porcelain Slab Specialist
To provide technical support and guidance to the Field Services team by managing and providing on-site installation / technical expertise for large and / or difficult projects. This position works extensively with customers in all aspects of floor, wall and countertop education as it relates to product, material handling, fabrication & installation, care and maintenance in the area of large porcelain slabs. Responsible for training and making presentations to sales force and customers with respect to all aspects of large porcelain slabs.
- Create/develop large format porcelain slab certification protocol and conduct onsite seminars. Establish protocols for fabrication and installation, maintenance procedures and keep marketing communication/brochures current and competitive with industry.
- Train flooring contractors, tile installer, countertop fabricator, A&D, and sales in all aspects of large porcelain slabs.
- Work extensively with product team on quality assurance to ensure all recommended maintenance procedures and protocols are established for category.
- Assist with the development of marketing materials to support field services – installation guidelines, warranties, etc.
- Review product and installation guidelines with prospective partners and/or current customers for compliance to specifications. Research and promote product offerings that best support sales and achieve best performance success.
- Inspect and trouble shoot potential/possible installation issues.
- Inspect claims that may relate to product, fabrication, installation and dissect/discern issue and communicate/negotiate with sales or customer.
- Build service to our customer to ensure product satisfaction and ultimate repeat sales.
Education and Knowledge:
- BA in a related field preferred with min 5 years of specific job related experience i.e. sales, maintenance, project management, customer relations/service.
- Demonstrated product knowledge and the desire to learn about product innovations and emerging technologies.
- Experience presenting to both small and large groups. Proficient computer skill to include MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Effective Communication Skills:
- Strong interactive/presentation skills with sales, sales management and customers critical
- Strong training skills, able to convey message effectively
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and implement maintenance techniques and procedures
- Self-motivated, self-learner, with a positive ‘get it done’ attitude.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion, judgment, and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers and senior management.
- Thinks proactively and independently about customer needs and collaborates with team members to develop best approaches to certain issues.
Other Pertitent Job Information:
50% travel with possible nights.
Back to top