Field Designer position is aimed at driving custom carpet sales by focusing on achieving design success with our key specifies across specific geographical areas. Although design biased, this role will deliver new business development through a specialist driven, professional management of major key architectural and design accounts through the enquiry to order process from more accurate interpretation of the design brief, supported primarily by Dalton & Indian based design teams. Create innovative design solutions through to directing the client to timely conclusion of critical dates to facilitate order delivery. The position to be driven, from a design background, a mandatory skill set necessary to fulfil the role and deliver success. This candidate should possess a primarily design background, carpet experienced preferred.
- Sell Design in a consultative fashion.
- Create fashion forward design collections for national and International distribution.
- Design & promote all Mohawk (Durkan) Hospitality products.
- Continually learn new product knowledge and acquire improved designing skills across all our product categories.
- Assume mentoring/mentored role as appropriate in agreement with design management.
- Stay abreast of competition, competitive issues, products and existing and potential markets for Mohawk products.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, conferences, marketing seminars and trade shows.
- Secure business within specific geographical areas by managing and initialising new projects, and new business opportunities - developing design briefs through to order directly with key clients and working alongside sales and support teams.
- Target architects & Interior designers first rather than owners, purchasers, management companies, contractors, etc.
- Use customer knowledge (hierarchy and structure) to target the key decision makers and market intelligence to develop business opportunities
- Develop improved insight into client’s needs and expectations; use to improve response times, client dependency and trust
- Generate profit for the company through providing the best design solutions in response to specific design briefs from clients
- Maintain a continuously high quality standard of design and color in output
- Ensure that design solutions fit manufacturing criteria (manufacturability) for installation.
- Feedback design brief to Dalton or Indian Design Studio that enables the design work to be carried out primarily from that centre. Provide full details of what the client requires so interpretation can be carried out most effectively.
- Identify new clients and projects which warrant a ‘specialist’ design service.
- Develop accuracy in interpretation of the design brief to improve response times, reduction in iterations between
- Manage the interaction between Design/Sales support, Project management, Administration and production.
- Be aware of fashion forecasts and trend direction - feedback to creative design function
- Liaise with creative design to develop trend analysis and mood boards to define future colour and design direction for hospitality markets.
- Co-ordinate market visits for marketing research in order to develop knowledge and awareness, and provide market intelligence.
- Develop and give presentations to key accounts to promote Mohawk (Durkan) hospitality carpets, emphasising how our design-led initiatives can improve their performance.
- Follow up and report on all potential leads in a timely manner.
- Adhere to the corporate brand guidelines
- Work a basic 40 hour, five-day week. Standard window to be 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, with additional hours to be worked as necessary when appropriate.
- Undertake weekend duties and over-night travel as necessary.
- Utilize laptops and cell phones.
- Maximize percentage of time in front of customers.
- Minimize travel time.
- Use design, project management and customer service support to share workload as appropriate.
- Work within assigned territory so calls are achieved geographically within clusters
- Plan each day, week and month.
- Plan each design visit.
- Keep sales tools in mint condition.
- Maintain ready access to all sales & design tools.
- Never undertake a design presentation with an incomplete set of sales & design tools.
- Dress neatly and appropriately for the circumstance - business casual at the minimum.
- Present a professional image in all work-related settings.
- Manage design data recording, design brief, copyright paperwork, CAD files and plans.
- Submit the following in a timely manner: expense reports.
- Use company design & administrative software’s.
- Communicate competitive information to your Design Director.
- Use information technology to save time.
- Comply with all company policies and operate within expense guidelines.
- Work with, develop positive relationships with, and coordinate activities with other employees in Mohawk sales, marketing, design, project management, administration, customer service, logistics, finance, and operations departments nationally and worldwide.
- Communicate effectively: cooperate with fellow sales reps, agents, and management.
- Communicate directly with clients outside one’s own territory only with the prior agreement of that territory’s rep, agent or sales/design management.
- Ensure that you act and work within a team environment.
Bachelor of Arts or related discipline preferred with three to five years job specific experience or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skill, and abilities to perform the job. Three to five years experience with computer design tools and intermediate to advanced PC skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret industry and professional journals. Ability to effectively write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with Mohawk’s management, internal and external business contacts.
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that established rapport , persuades others, and gains understanding
- Ability to act as an advisor on professional and technical issues.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Performs duties under minimal supervision and work is verified/approved at the final stage.
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Quick-Step and Unilin. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top