Being an industry leader would not be possible without a winning team. Mohawk is constantly looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic winners like yourself to join our team in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain. We offer a variety of challenging and exciting career opportunities at our different facilities. Mohawk is dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining winning team members in every aspect of our business. Start your career search today and find the perfect fit!
Designs, implements, and modifies preventive maintenance programs by reviewing production, quality control, maintenance reports and statistics.
- Designs, implements, and modifies preventive maintenance programs by reviewing production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics; inspects operating machines, equipment, and systems for conformance with operational standards.
- Prepares and issues work order assignments and performs quality control on completed work.
- Supervises Facilities Maintenance Department personnel; assigns work, schedules leave, evaluates performance, provides technical training and support, ensures adherence to and facilitates employee training and compliance with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Directs and supervises contract maintenance services for landscaping, roofing, janitorial, forklift, and pest control services.
- Maintains maintenance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; plans, monitors and appraises job results.
- Completes maintenance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; follows up on work results.
- Schedules and prioritizes maintenance, preventive maintenance and repairs activities of Thomasville facilities, structures, equipment and events. Insures timely completion of work. Coordinates with key owners/stakeholders (production/planning)
- Identifies current and future maintenance requirements by establishing rapport with management, engineering, and production personnel, tradesmen, technicians, and other persons in a position to understand maintenance requirements.
- Directs maintenance operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Provides and maintains heating, cooling, electric power, gas, compressed air, water, sewer and dust collection by directing installation of, modifications to, and maintenance activities on utility systems.
- Works on related projects as assigned – including expansion, retrofits, upgrades, etc., and may serve as project manager and technical expert.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education, training and experience required.
- Fundamental knowledge of preventive maintenance, vibration analysis, oil analysis and engineering principles.
- Knowledge of maintenance requirements of air compressors, dryers, chillers, HVAC, buildings, soil structures, and plant electrical systems.
- Working knowledge of SAP, work order software, and CAD programs used within the maintenance group.
- 1-3 years previous supervisory experience in a maintenance or manufacturing environment required.
- 3 or more years experience in a material handling and/or high speed manufacturing environment with full responsibility for all aspects of technology, including electrical maintenance, mechanical systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC automation and data collection.
Proficiency in the use of office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Ability to respond during nights, weekends, and holidays as needed to support maintenance operations.
Ability to effectively interact with technical people, and manage maintenance technicians and contractors.
Must be able to work independently and possess strong organizational skills.
Back to top