Extrusion Operator - Antioch 2
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
Performs any combination or all of the following duties:
- Threads yarn position.
- Doffs to keep yarns ends and tails intact and away from winder components.
- Removes yarn wraps from rollers.
- Manually positions yarn ends dropped from spin packs/chimney.
- Manually removes cones and tubes as required to facilitate continuous machine processing.
- Stays informed of applicable OSHA and company guidelines and operating procedures, and proactively identifies unsafe working, building, and other environmental conditions to management and/or appropriate department for resolution.
- Ensures compliance to all company and regulatory safety and environmental guidelines and practices to include wearing the appropriate safety garments, using the appropriate tools and equipments, and exercising the required safety behaviors for the task at hand.
- Performs other duties as required.
12 Hour Night Shift
- Previous Extrusion Operator experience is preffered.
- High school graduate or GED equivalency preferred.
- Reads and writes in standard English and proficient performing basic math calculations such as addition and subtraction.
- Successful completion of all on the job training programs.
- Successful completion of all required health and environmental safety training.
- May be required to use PC and other department specific database systems.
- Ability to communicate in standard English to understand and follow verbal or written instructions and to keep simple records and make reports.
- Ability to work well with people.
- Ability to maintain an acceptable level of attendance in accordance with company and department guidelines.
- Ability to perform specific duties with instructions but without direct supervision.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a color blindness test.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to walk long distances, climb on ladders, and stand for long periods of time.
- Bending, crouching, and stooping may be required.
- Must also be able to work in non-climate controlled facilities.
- Work environment is a noisy, high traffic production floor.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule to include evening and night shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Willing to work in all types of weather.
Back to top