Engineering Technician - AGV / PPF
Being an industry leader would not be possible without a winning team. Mohawk Flooring is constantly looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic winners like you to join our team in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain. We offer a variety of challenging and exciting career opportunities at our different operations and locations. Mohawk Flooring is dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining winning team members in every aspect of our business. Start your career search today and find the perfect fit!
Job Description: Implements AGV automated systems. Supports and optimizes AGV equipment and process.
- Ensures compliance with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Installs AGV systems
- Ensures accuracy of the AGV process. Analyzes daily equipment and process flow effectiveness and takes corrective action, and follows up on corrective actions through completion.
- Writes process procedures and trains team members.
- Provides clear and succinct feedback to equipment suppliers on operational problems and needs. Follows solutions through to implementation by active follow up.
- Conducts research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Maintains a fully documented and accurate electrical design and control program that complies with established company and industry standards.
- Provides accurate and immediate hands on troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing equipment including after hours.
- Interacts professionally and effectively with many different types of people at different levels, both internal and external to the organization. Ensures that information is clearly communicated and understood by all.
- Implements and maintains Preventive maintenance schedule
- Performs other related duties as required.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control concepts
- Associates degree in engineering, or significant experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- 2-3 years of experience in an automated manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved
- 1-2 years of experience with IT based production systems
- 1 year PLC programming
- Technology and automation minded, with a basic understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, motors, basic electricity, gearboxes, and tools
- Knowledge of industrial networks (Profinet, Profibus, TCP/IP) and wireless networks
- Ability to troubleshoot dataflow issues
- Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong math skills, including the knowledge of arithmetic, basic algebra, geometry, and statistics, and their applications
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under stress when equipment is down
- Possess an exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving sills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of hands-on electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair for manufacturing equipment. Requirements include LOTO, hands-on diagnostic ability, and appropriate use of hand tools
AA /EEO / Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top