Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
AA /EEO / Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Optimizes press operation, including research, planning, design and follow-up documentation of projects within a highly automated manufacturing environment.
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures
- Plans, assists, documents and implements process improvement techniques and devices
- Monitors and reacts in a timely manner to routine demand maintenance requirements
- Participates in routine Preventive/Predictable Maintenance
- Uses a variety of mechanical and electrical test equipment
- Uses machining, electrical and mechanical trade skills to complete daily tasks
- Programs and troubleshoots PLCs in Press and Impregnation Areas
- Assists with and makes modifications to improve processes and reduce process variation.
- Analyzes machine downtime and reacts accordingly to improve machine efficiency
- Provides accurate and immediate hands on troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing equipment including after-hours support
- Ensures equipment optimizations within the production process
- Fills in as needed for Press Maintenance Supervisor
- Performs other related duties as required
- Available to work varying hours/shifts as needed
- Formal training and practical experience in an industrial setting as Press or Automation Technician
- Associates degree in applied technology in industrial/manufacturing or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of practical hands on experience in an automated industrial setting
- Experience using a variety of instruments including but not limited to: multi-meters, oscilloscopes, PLC interface, hydraulic torque wrench and various hand tools
- Experience with Wemhoner Press design and application of Wemhoner tooling
- Proficient with PLC control logic programming and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of high pressure hydraulics, pneumatics, and automated material handling equipment
- Sound understanding of and ability to utilize 480vac VFDs
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on various optimization projects from conception to completion
- Ability to produce technical reports and update drawings.
- Light fabrication skills including light machining and welding skills
- Proficient with MS Visual Basic
- Preventive maintenance skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to instruct, delegate, and set priorities for others on the team
- Ability to interpret and produce mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics
- Must be able to provide technical assistance outside of normal work hours
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top