EMPLOYMENT & LITIGATION LEGAL ASSOCIATE
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo,Quick-Step and Unilin. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States
This position assists the General Counsel by providing legal support to the business.
- With little supervision, provide day-to-day practical employment law advice, assistance, counsel and training
- Support the continuous improvement of processes, create and update standard forms and agreement/contract templates to maximize efficiencies while providing adequate safeguards
- Prepare, review and revise employment-related agreements
- Assist HR and management in ensuring compliance with corporate policies, procedures and preferred practices, including the development of training programs and materials as needed
- Investigate charges of discrimination and other complaints filed against the Company with regulatory agencies, prepare position statements and other responses to be filed with agencies, occasionally participate in internal investigations
- Assist in supporting employment-related litigation, including supervising or preparing and responding to discovery requests, identifying witnesses and supporting outside legal counsel representing the Company
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Company at its discretion from time-to-time.
- JD from an accredited college or university and license to practice law, Georgia preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in all areas of employment law and litigation
- Thorough understanding of current federal and state regulatory requirements related to employment law
- In-house and multi-state experience a plus
- Experience in manufacturing, building supply and/or housing industries a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to work effectively with various departments and levels
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities while remaining responsive to internal client
- Ability to build informal relationships, driving results through use of influence rather than authority
- Demonstrated ability to contribute immediately in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Unquestioned discretion handling confidential information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Ability to quickly learn job-related technology applications.
- Excellent judgment and delivery-oriented attitude
- Professional work ethic and teamwork
- Understanding of legal research methodologies
- Self-starter; ability to work independently
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and to take action on those ideas
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top