ELECTRICIAN II - DANVILLE, VA - ENGINEERING GROUP
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
**This position will be based at our facility in Danville, VA but will be part of a crew that will travel to other facilities within a 4 hour radius of Danville, VA. Some assignments will require overnight stays in which method of travel, lodging, and meals will be provided by the company.*
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. P
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Keeps the maintenance lap top computer up to date with the latest software needed to program electronic equipment in the plant.
- Repairs electronic equipment and/or sends electronic equipment to outside vendors for repair.
- Performs maintenance, repair, overhaul, adjustments and installation of plant machinery as necessary to maintain optimum safety, quality and production requirements.
- Will perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Diploma, certificate, or equivalent work experience in Electronics
- Ability to maintain equipment that is AC/DC up to 600 volts
- Read blue prints and schematics
- Ability to bend and size conduit
- Knowledge of wire sizing
- Experience with wire termination
- Prior experience performing electrical preventative maintenance
- Prior experience using multi-meters, amp meters, tweakers, and other tools common to the electronics trade
- Prior experience working with instrumentation, sensors, flow meters, transducers and other electrical components common the electronics trade.
- Ability to use a computer
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime with little to no notice
- Must be able to move oneself freely throughout a manufacturing facility
- Must be able to Climb to a height of 72 feet
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, stretch, kneel, and assume awkward positions as is dictated by worksite
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift plant equipment weighing in excess of 50 pounds
- Must have the ability to distinguish colors and depth perception, and see small openings and parts
- Must be able to make decisions regarding work priorities, read forms and documents in English, and perform simple mathematical calculations
- Must have the ability to read and write in Basic English.
Back to top